WEB page address

Rick Walker (walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com)
Fri, 17 Feb 1995 17:35:06 -0800

JR Parish writes:
> I must be doing something wrong but when I try to get to the archives
> all I get is the database. I use..
"http://www.hpl.hp.com/browser/modified.html"

This is a persistant misunderstanding that I want to squash. The above
address is NOT the entry point for the CP database. The above address
is only a service provided by HP to list the most recently changed
documents on the web server. You cannot RELIABLY access anything from
there. Entries related to the CP pages are sometimes linked into this
location for a short time, but they expire after two weeks. If you have
this address written down, or on your "hotlist" please delete it!

Please use:
http://www.hpl.hp.com/bot/cp_home

This is the only proper way to access the full collection of CP database
pages.

If you've had problems in the past, please try again. I recently added
ISINDEX support to the brower. This should help those people using
LYNX. If you still have problems, please email me with the symptoms,
or I'll forever assume that it is working correctly.

> I am trying to locate Sabercat's (John Laroche) file on his L. Hood.

Regarding John Laroche's pages, they are not on the CP WEB page yet,
although that is in the works thanks to Chris Frazier.

For now, you need to get them off the CP mailing list archive. Try

GET CP laminar.shar (for unix version: gif + ascii shar'ed)
GET CP laminar.zip (for DOS/MAC: bmp + ^M delimited lines zipped)

Send these commands to listserv@opus.hpl.hp.com.

Best regards,

--
Rick