Re: Aldrovanda

Joachim Nerz (joachim.nerz@student.uni-tuebingen.de)
Tue, 30 May 1995 13:06:27 +0200 (MESZ)

On Mon, 22 May 1995, Fernando Rivadavia Lopes wrote:

> For many years I've been trying to obtain Aldrovanda, without
> success. It seems like lots of people have it, but never have any
> available for trade. I've seen lots of articles on how to grow Aldrovanda
> and have even seen a few live specimens in a CP collection. I was
> wondering if anybody has this species for trade? If yes, please send me a
> mail. Another one I've been trying to obtain is U.humboldtii. I've even
> received it on 2 or 3 occasions, but they either arrive dead or die almost
> immediately after arriving.
>

> FERNANDO RIVADAVIA
> Sao Paulo, Brazil

Dear Fernando,

both, Aldrovanda and Utricularia are sometimes available here in Europe;
e.g. at the last CP-meeting in Switzerland; we will have another German
meeting in 2 weeks; if you want, I can have a look for you for this
species; but it may be a little bit difficult, to send this
species save to Brazil.
Utricularia humboldtii is available from Ruedi Fuerst in Switzerland; I
will look for his address.

BTW, please allow me one question:

Have you ever seen Utricularia nelumbifolia in habitat?

All the best

Joe