Re: Re: trapped pitchers, water quality

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Tue, 08 Aug 95 18:20 EDT

> From: stevek@INFORMIX.COM(Steven Klitzing)
> Subject: Re: trapped pitchers, water quality
>
> Hi all:
>
> I have a question. Will Nepenthes send out more pitchers, of larger
> size, if given a mild dose of superthrive and miracid every so often?
> Say, about every two weeks? I'm getting tired of catching insects and
> feeding the pitchers, and then smashing the insects when they don't
> croak fast enough. I've even had cases where I'd chop the insect
> in two, and the seeing half would still fight me by putting its legs
> on the edge of the trap and resisting! Talk about die hard!

Hi Steve,
I hear that Superthrive helps the plants grow more robust, but I haven't
used it myself. As for food why not use fish food? I use blood worms
and the cube shaped masses of dried tubifex (sp?). The dried blood
worms can be a bit messy, that's why I started using the tubifex blocks
they can easily be cut to size for smaller pitchers.

Dave Evans