Re: Question on Superthrive

Trisha Coene (tcoene@PEAK.ORG)
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 09:50:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 28 Aug 1995, dave evans wrote:

> > From: Dhalsim/Raiden <bonito@THECITY.SFSU.EDU>
> >
> > 1. If my plants are growing well, will superthrive make them grow
> > better such as producing larger traps or bigger pitchers?
>
> Superthrive is good to use on plants that have been or will
> shocked like for transplanting. Some Nepenthes grower have used
> it to help some species pitcher, often with very good results.
>
> > 2.How often should I use superthrive, and whats the best dose?
> > The directions sat I should use a drop per gallon, but in a 4 inch wide
> > saucer tray, how much should I use?
>
> I'm not sure I understand you... But when dealing with Superthive
> and CP it would good to use a lower than what is shown on the box
> dose. It's effects can be magnified on slow growers. Start with
> a dose you feel is safe, if you see no effect then go to a higher
> dose.
>
> > 3. I have 1 self watering pot which stores water at the bottom and
> > the soil sucks it up when needed. Is it safe to mix superthrive and water
> > and put this mixture in the water tray instead of just water?
>
> Umm... when you find out let us know.
A self-watering pot, you say? Sounds like a hydroponic wick
system to me. Hydroponic growers have been using Superthrive for years
now; it seems to me like it was first put out for hydro. growers because
all the shops sell it. Anyway, yes you can add it right into the water in
the reservoir - that's what it's for, just be careful on how much you
add. - Trish <tcoene@peak.org>