Nepenthes as corrosives and hallucinogens

Barry Meyers-Rice (barry@as.arizona.edu)
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 15:18:48 -0700

>Listen, I realize you all have much more experience in this feild, that's why
>I brought it up. I also said to her that if she wanted to bring me a few
>cuttings, she didn't have to bring home the pitchers. I think that was an OK
>thing to tell her.

Becky,

I sense a put-upon tone to your email. I hope I am imagining this. But if
not, please don't feel trod upon---this anecdote with the corrosive CP is
interesting, even though the cognoscenti sitting in the front row find it
unlikely.

>Subject: Nepenthes: addictive fluid in pitchers

>They are called Nepenthes because the water in the
>pitchers have a narcotic effect on the bugs that
>fall in...making them too sleepy to struggle. This

Steve, another insane posting, eh? Heh heh. Just don't forget to put a smiley
on your postings---you'll never know who will take you seriously. I recall
in grade school a kid who gave a presentation on tapeworms, and dutifully
reported that the accepted cure was to lie still with a cup of soup near
your mouth. The tapeworm, he insisted, would crawl out of the afflicted
person's mouth in search of the soup!

Cheers,

Barry