Re: Nepenthes cutting

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Wed, 25 Oct 95 17:08 EDT

> From: Robert St-Jean <robert.st-jean@ES2.ES.EMR.CA>
>
> My Nepenthes cuttings are over a month
> and a half old and some are showing signs
> of bud growth. However little or no roots
> have developed. Is application of
> Superthrive required for root development?

No. What type of plants are rooting? Different species will
root at varying rates. Also, besides N.mirablis, Nepenethes
tend to grow few roots. That's not quite right, not much in
way of roots is more accurate. Atleast not until they become
well established. Year old cuttings I have are now starting
to really put out roots.

Superthive can help, but if you have not used it before, use
about 1/4 strength what's used on regular plants. Also don't
use it on all of your plants, so If some are affected in the
wrong way, others will be fine.

Dave Evans