Re: How hardy are Droseras?

Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 1 Dec 1995 18:19:43 +0000

On 30 Nov 95 at 7:06, Dr.E.J.Wilcox wrote:

> Would all of the plants grow much quicker like D.capensis if they were
> brought into gentle heat for the winter? Other lager plants of D.aliceae
> and D.binata died down but grew again.

I don't really know just how low temperatures can be tolerated, but I
find that D. binata dies down even in a greenhouse at 45F/7C. It must
just be intended to go dormant in Winter, and naturally spreads by
tough underground 'stolons'. I'm a bit surprised that D. aliciae can
tolerate dying down though - it doesn't do this for me.

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)