Re: HELP! Cephalotus Worries!

Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 22:12:01 +0000

On 17 Jan 96 at 19:26, Russell Elliott wrote:

> At the moment I am worried about one of my Cephalotus. Most of
> leaves and pitchers have withered and died, while one tiny
> rosette has survived in the middle. Can any suggest why this
> may be happening?
>
> I also need to repot my Ceph collection, and was wondering if
> anyone could give a mixture the find effective. Is it true that
> re-potting often sets back the plant markedly, and it often dies
> down after this treatment?

I didn't have any problems when I repotted my two plants - I tried
not to disturb them too much. I just use an ordinary peat/sand mix.
Slack's book says they sometimes die down, but can still come up from
the roots. I've heard some people advise that you top up the pitchers
with water after repotting has emptied them out - they suggest that
it's actually the emptying of the pitchers which can cause problems.

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)