Re: Wintering P. Moranensis

Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 5 Feb 1996 19:02:20 +0000

On 1 Feb 96 at 12:31, Robert Allen wrote:
[about Pinguicula moranensis]

> It's now making the winter leaves. Since you're
> growing it indoors I would try to dry it out
> significantly until it starts putting out the
> summer leaves again. Also note that it is
> claimed that the thicker winter leaves are the
> best for rooting to produce leaf bud plants.

The latter is certainly true - Summer leaves are hopeless
for leaf cuttings, while the Winter ones work quite well.
Still I find the leaf cuttings quite slow compared with
the near adult plants that you get by dividing the plants
into single rosettes - I usually get 4 or 5 from each plant
after one season's growth.

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)