Re: Fast growing Neps

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Thu, 11 Apr 96 20:42 EDT

> From: Chris Marsden <100620.2156@COMPUSERVE.COM>
>
> Hi All,
> I am going to set up a warm glasshouse (winter min. 13'C (55'F)) and I
> want a couple of Nepenthes climbing up one side of it. I wondered if anyone
> could tell me which species would be good for this, (the faster growing species
> of Highland origin) but not N. alata or khasiana.
> Toby

How about N.reinwardtiana? It's similar to N.alata, though it
has fancier shape. Or N.sanguinea? If it's speed of growth
you really want, then how about some hybrids? N.splendiana is
a very nice cross. Any hybrid with at least half the parentage
of highland origin should do good for you and grow quickier than
almost any species.

Hey Nepenthephiles, I enjoy thinking up possible hybrids
like N.rajah * N.rafflesiana. What fantasy hybrids are out
there in your minds? Perry mentioned the N.rajah * burbidgeae
that I was unaware of, talk about fantasies coming true. :)
N.clipeata * N.lowii? I'm not so sure of that one, it's real
mind bender trying figure out what it might look like.

Dave Evans