Re: Darlingtonia Blooming

Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 20:22:26 +0100

On 11 Apr 96 at 9:38, Carlstrom_Rick wrote:

> Could anyone in the State of Virginia (USA) tell me in what month
> their Darlingtonia's Bloom? Mine is growing vigorously but has not
> put up a flower. Also, Can Darlingtonia be Selfed?

Don't know about Virginia, but here in the UK, the flower stems are
the first thing to develop on my plants, before the new pitchers get
going. I've got one flower at present in the greenhouse, but the
plants outside in the cold haven't started yet.

In my experience (both a friend's plant, and mine) they can be
self pollinated.

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)