Re: New Member - VFT's/Butterworts

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Thu, 18 Apr 96 18:57 EDT

> From: ccorrea@FXBBS.COM(Chris Correa)
>
> My name is Chris Correa and I'm a relatively new CP'er. I have just
> recently began to get back into CP's and have done some research on them
> through the internet. Right now I only have a VFT and a Butterwort (yeah,
> I've already forgotten their scientific names), and would appreciate any
> information and internet references about them (especially the Butterwort -
> any experienced growers of them - I need more info!). Anyways, Thanks and I
> look forward to experiencing CP's with all of you.

Hi Chris and Welcome,

You really do need the name of your butterwort. There are Mexican
butterworts, temperate and hardy, and temperate from south eastern USA
which are not hardy. My guess would be that you have a Mexican, as they
are very easy to grow and any of the others would probably have died on
the shelf before you bought it. Does it have a flower? This will help
alot in ID'ing it. If it's a Mexican then all you need is to keep it
damp, they grow on a variety of soil and I'm even growing one as an
air plant.

Dave Evans