Re: Ta"tmjo"lk

Peter Cole (carnivor@bunyip.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 14 May 1996 16:38:01 GMT

CBelan9630@aol.com writes:
> You know, years ago when I was about 8 I made home made cheese. The process
> started from curdled milk. I don't see why you could not do the same....I
> imagine the taste would be rather sharp. Somewhere, near the taste of
> Gorgonzola maybe??
I can't imagine it would be easy separating the curds from it - it
had sort of set in strings. I guess the whey had turned to a sort
of soft jelly as it passed through the sieve. Perhaps if I'd used
full fat milk instead of semi-skimmed...
But I'm no expert on cheese - I think I'll pass on this one. If
anyone feels a burning desire to take up the baton of scientific
discovery and run with it, do tell us all how it turns out.

Happy growing,

Peter

snail:Peter Cole,17 Wimmerfield Cr. :mailto:carnivor@bunyip.demon.co.uk
Killay, SWANSEA SA2 7BU, WALES :http://www.angel.co.uk/flytrap/index.htm