Re: Re: Slugs and CP

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Thu, 16 May 96 15:08 EDT

> From: Oliver T Massey CFS <massey@HAL.FMHI.USF.EDU>
>

> FWIW - I have never found slugs in any traps of Neps or Sarrs (maybe
> if they were trapped they would dissolve and leave nothing behind but
> a smell). However, in past years I have found S. purp. and N.
> mirabilis to be very adept at catching garden snails. The older dried
> Nep pitchers were so full of their shells they sound like maracas.

Tom,

Are these outdoor Nepenthes of your's planted in the ground?
I forgot if you are south enough for that... The reason I ask
is because I have a N.rafflesiana that is quickly getting out
hand with it's size - and it's still only in it's younger growth.
I wish I could just plant it outside but being in NJ, it's dry in
the summer and way too cold in the winter. I don't want get
rid of the plant, it's my favorite so I'm not, but it is surely
a species that belongs outside...

Dave Evans