Re: Sarracenia oreophila ownership

NPLUMMER@hg-basic1mail.hg.med.umich.edu
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 11:17:29 -0500

>From: Chris Teichreb <teichrch@Meena.CC.URegina.CA>
> From what I've learned, if you send this document with the plant
>it should make it without problem. The major concern the ESA has is that
>you didn't collect your plants from the wild. However, certain states
>have more stricter regulations and you may want to check in with them
>before shipping (in particular, I know N.Carolina is extremely stringent
>in regards to even owning species such as S.oreophila).

Can you give me some more details on this, please. I recently obtained some
Sarracenia oreophila seeds (which are now growing nicely) as part of a
trade. The seeds were originally from the CP seedbank (in California?), but
I do not have any documentation. Can I legally trade or give away
seedlings? I'll probably be moving to North Carolina in a year or so. Can
I take any of the plants with me?

cheers,
Nick

Nicholas Plummer