replying to Alata insights

Eric Kamakea (ekamakea@haywire.csuhayward.edu)
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 12:37:30 -0700 (PDT)

> From: dave evans
> Subject: Re: Re: Curving Scraggly Alata Typica

> This bending, does it result in this sort of shape:
> top
> || Often this shape is not so noticable
> || as this,
> This side being || but it is rather consistent. Also the
> the front, where _// pitchers themselves tend to lean back
> the mouth faces? //-/ more so than other plants of the same
> || "species".

I'll have to orient the plant and look. I examined it today and it
actually grows about 11" up, then 2" over, and then a couple more inches
back up. As far as where the mouth faces- I'll have to oreint the plant
and take another look.

> I grow all my temperate CP outside because they love it! Plus they look
> great and feed themselves. So I can't really say about the indoor thing
> but I say grow 'em outdoors if possible.

I'd like to but my hillside apartment gets pretty windy in the afternoon.

> This doesn't mean that *is* the cause, it can take a plant a year
> or two in good conditions to shake off some types of stress.
>
> Dave Evans

No kidding. Like I said, I just got it so I figured it might be
undergoing some kind of stree too but I never figured it could take that
long. thanks.

Eric Kamakea