Re: Help for VFT seeds

John Walker (jorwa@ix.netcom.com)
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 10:20:18 -0700

You wrote:

>Hi all,
>I tried to pollinate my VFT and now I've got seeds!!
>What should I do? Do they need stratification processes or
>can I simply sow they now in my pots.

No stratification is needed.

>is there any trick for stimulating the germination.

I just sow on the surface of finely milled peat and keep very moist. I
cover mine with a plastic top to keep humidity very high. But watch
out for damping off. If you see a very fine mold starting to grow on
the surface of the peat, spray the peat with a mister full of rain
water. For me this seems to knock the mold down and kill it, at least
for a while. Repeat as necessary.

>How long takes it to germinate?

Mine come up in 4 to 5 weeks and people think (after a couple of
months) that the "little darlings" are sooooo cute :)

Good luck,

John Walker