Re: sorted drosera list

SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 17:45:32

Dear Andy,

> I'm searching for a list with all drosera species (or almost all)
wich is sorted
> by the 'typus' of the plants, e.g sorted to tuberous, pygm, etc.
>
> Does someone have such a list? If so, (...)

You will find such "sorted lists" in publications commonly called
monographs. The last monograph on _Drosera_ was written by Diels in
1906 (Droseraceae in A. Engler, "Das Pflanzenreich").

More recent treatments were not done on a global scale (e.g. "CP of
AU" by Lowrie).

If the gods of CPN fortune allow, a systematic and taxonomic
realignment of _Drosera_ (invented by myself) will appear this year,
together with a key giving a hint at the identification of the taxa
between genus and variety currently accepted as valid (by myself).

> please give it to this mailing list or
> better send it by private e-mail to me (Andy.Schmidt@t-online.de)
because of the
> expected length of such a list. Give a notice to this mailing list
and everyone
> who is interested can contact me, I'll send it to him.

If you can afford (in terms of time and money) to wait for the
respective article, this might serve your purposes. If you want to
wait a bit longer, I can send you a reprint as soon as I have one.
Still a bit later, an online version of the key will appear on www.

Viele Gruesse mainaufwaerts
Jan