Re: Safers Soap on mealy bug

John Phillips (phillips@library.ucsf.edu)
Mon, 19 Aug 96 09:48:32 CST

In Message Sat, 17 Aug 1996 17:10:50 -0700,
Carl Mazur <cherryhillcp@freenet.hamilton.on.ca> writes:

>On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Nexus User elliott wrote:
>Don't user safers of Sarracenia. I tired it once and I'll never do it
>again. I'm not sure if its a chemical thing or what but all the pitchers
>where the spray hit turned brown, the pitchers soon to follow!
>
>Best Regards
>Carl
I have used Safers Insecticidal soap at the strength recommended for fruits
and vegetables. And now that I buy it in concentrated form, I dilute it
slightly more, perhaps 75% of the strength recommended for use in the
kitchen garden. I've never caused any damage to the foliage of Sarracenia of
VFT's. But I also then rinse out the soil.
My $0.02 worth,
John Phillips Email: phillips@library.ucsf.edu
Information Services
UCSF Health Sciences Library Rm 202