Re: Coir v.Peat (yet again)

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Fri, 23 Aug 96 15:11 EDT

> From: PeterSmale@AOL.COM
>
> Ok folks I expect that by now you will have expected me to be beaten me into
> submission, but no.......................

Maybe my post was lost in the heap of negative replies, but
I really can't see why peoples plants are not doing well in
this stuff. I have a N.* ventrata growing 1/2 peat 1/4 pine
bark 1/4 diatoms/perlite. this mixture is in a hanging wire
framed basket lined with what I geuss comes close to being
coir. It's the fidberous stuff from the coconut shell. This is
easily the best growing Nepenthes I have! In with are N.
ventricosa and a Dendrobium (sp?) Orchid, both of them also
like the pot. In fact, the orchid's old growth has flowered
again! I had been told to not except this. I guess I'm doing
something right.

Dave Evans