Re: Want to meet SF CP'ers!!!

Sean Barry (sjbarry@ucdavis.edu)
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 16:29:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 27 Aug 1996 L235@aol.com wrote:

> I can bring out plants for trade (growlist available upon request), love to
> talk plants, and will buy breakfast, lunch and/or dinner as applicable. Can
> bring photographs of recent CP trips to North Carolina and New Jersey.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but you might check with California Dept. of
Food and Agriculture as to what they will allow you to bring in. No one
here (including CPers) wants Japanese Beetles, among other things, and so
there are tight restrictions on what plants and soils can be brought in.
Also, speaking as an ag-involved, food-buying, tax-paying citizen of
California, still reeling from the millions it costs annually to wipe out
smuggled bugs (MedFlies, the afortementioned beetles, etc), I ask please
don't spirit your plants past the inspectors. Besides, if they catch you,
you'll lose all your plants and be fined. Check ahead of time....
...Arizona too.

Sean Barry
The Rowe Program in Molecular Genetics
University of California