Re: Drosera hybrid

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Wed, 28 Aug 96 16:24 EDT

> From: "John Phillips" <phillips@LIBRARY.UCSF.EDU>
>
> I have a cross between D. intermedia and D. filiformis which flowered this
> summer, but has sent out no new leaves since. It appears to have gone
> dormant, but I'm puzzled. Does this cross usually go dormant this early in
> summer?

Yep, mine did the same thing! Perhaps, the parent plants used
in the cross are from the species most Northern range... Jan?

I'm hoping to use D.fili. tracyi and my LARGE D.intermedia which
I've been breeding for size the last couple years to "remake"
this cross. However I've been unable to get D.fili. tracyi
to flower. I've found that D.f. tracyi is much less hardy
than D. fili. fili. which seems odd to me since the Sarracenia
from the same regions have no trouble with the cold New Jersey
winters in my set up. Comments?

Dave Evans