Re: Drosera filiformis

Whirlabout@aol.com
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 21:13:55 -0400

In a message dated 96-08-28 16:52:17 EDT, Dave Evans writes:

> I'm hoping to use D.fili. tracyi and my LARGE D.intermedia which
> I've been breeding for size the last couple years to "remake"
> this cross. However I've been unable to get D.fili. tracyi
> to flower. I've found that D.f. tracyi is much less hardy
> than D. fili. fili. which seems odd to me since the Sarracenia
> from the same regions have no trouble with the cold New Jersey
> winters in my set up. Comments?

I have noticed the same thing. I have more D. filiformis filiformis than I
can shake a stick at and only one D. fili tracyi made it through the winter.
Also the D. fili fili are sending up multiple flower stalks and the D. fili
tracyi has not flowered in two years. However, I'm also here in NJ, USA.

Ron Lane