Re: Re: Growing info for D. adelae

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Fri, 30 Aug 96 17:57 EDT

> From: Rob Brisler <brislerr@OZEMAIL.COM.AU>
>
> How do you grow them. They should be grown fairly dark (shaded conditions)
> and not too hot and not too cool with high humidity. D.shizandra requires
> the same condtions but is far less forgiving about minor variations than
> D.adelae. My D.adelae die back to the ground most Winters because of the
> overnight lows here. They come back in Spring. Do your plants currently
> experience a high daytime / nightime temperature differential?
Hi Rob,

Yes, they get dim light beneath the Nepenthes' leaves and
they also get some change of temperature between night and day
as the lights come on during the day and heat the room up a bit.
The change maybe as much as 10~ F. but is probably less. I really
doubt that is the problem. I got a number personal e-mails about
these plants after asking for help, Thank-you to all the CP helpers.
The common threads were keeping the plants very humid. This is
something I stopped doing and is probably the main reason D.adelae
stopped growing well for me. Second was using a light source
other than cool white flouresence, though this seemed less important.

Dave Evans