Re: Flies

ROBERT POGSON (robert.pogson@mwcs.mb.ca)
Mon, 02 Sep 96 14:49:00 -0600

<nlemmen@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> wrote:
C> Hi there my name is Neil Lemmen, I was wondering if anyone can help me? I
C> have a VFT. How do I feed it flies over the winter?
When light levels decrease and it gets cooler, it will need fewer flies.
If you extend its growing season by giving heat and light, you could feed
it fresh frozen flies or grow bugs in a terrarium. If you have occasion to
use a fly swatter, just pop the victim into a baggy or pill bottle.
Seal it up so they don't dry out. You may need cooperation from others who
use the freezer. Another source of insects is from the grill of your car after
a drive. If you have kids, I'm sure they would be glad to help with
collections. Have them look under rocks and in cracks and corners around the
house. A few minutes would likely get you a year's supply unless you eat
them yourself.

... nfx v2.8 [C0000] Love a bat. Build a bathouse. |===== 3/4" spacing