Re: Cephalotus follicularis

Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 18:59:58 +0100

On 23 Sep 96 at 11:55, DGoodr4319@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can buy a Cephalotus follicularis in the US?
> I know it is late in the season but I thought I would give it a shot . I
> know
> Peter Paul sells them but I felt their price was high.

Well I guess these don't grow wild within 50 miles of PP, so he must
either propagate them or get them somewhere else :-)

Sorry don't know where you can get one - as usual the best way is
possibly to get to know someone with some spare - like us lot on the
list (afraid I haven't got any spare though). I wish I could bulk up
this species, having been lucky enough to be given two seedlings a
few years ago, but seed seems reluctant to germinate (I've managed
just one so far). Leaf-cuttings are supposed to work, but they rotted
the one time I tried - time for another attempt I guess.

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)