Re: Carnivorous Plant chat.

Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 21:57:04 +0100

On 22 Sep 96 at 20:17, Michael A. Daugherty wrote:

> For those of you who are interested in the carnivorous plant chat
> group as mentioned in the earlier digests. It may reached via an irc
> client using this server. server 205.217.6.234 port #6667 so if your
> logging into Mirc or IrcII or what have you, just type this:
> /server 205.217.6.234 6667
> on a line by itself and it will take you to the appropriate server.
> then type
> /join #CarnivorousPlants
> That should do it. Be forewarned, there is hardly anyone on this
> server to talk with you unless you meet at the appointed time on
> sunday afternoons (2pm EST)

Sorry to go on further about 'net' related things rather than CP,
but that address looks wrong to me - perhaps it's a web server, but
the address for the chat server is 207.0.12.13

Of course if you are going to use the recommended Global Chat software
called up from your web browser, rather than IRC, then you don't need
to know this.

And once again, can someone remind me (and the rest of the world) how
EST relates to GMT (which of course we are lucky enough to use here
in England, except in Summer).

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)