Re: drosera hardiness

Steve Clancy (sclancy@sun1.lib.uci.edu)
Fri, 4 Oct 1996 10:16:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 3 Oct 1996, Mellard, David wrote:

> I'm trying to decide whether or not to leave Drosera capensis, D traycii,
> and D intermedia outside in the bog garden for the winter. Winter
> temperatures in Atlanta (USA) go below freezing (usually not lower than 10
> F). Any advice is welcome.

I'm not sure about the others, but D. capensis is a tropical Drosera, and
appears to like warm, moist temperatures. I live in Southern California
along the coast where it rarely freezes, but I usually bring in my D.
capensis during the winter. I DO leave out my Sarracenia, Diaonea, and
cold weather Drosera however.

--steve

Steve Clancy, M.L.S., Science Library, University of California, Irvine
P.O. Box 19556, Irvine, CA 92623-9556 U.S.A.
714-824-7309 * http://sun3.lib.uci.edu/~sclancy * sclancy@uci.edu
"Everyone should believe in something...
I believe I'll have another beer."