Re: Darlingtonia cultivation

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Fri, 25 Oct 96 17:03 EDT

> From: "Sarver.Cindy V3I" <sarver.cindy@SSDGWY.MDC.COM>
>
> I have them set up in a tank that floods a couple of times a
> day, then drains out, so they are never standing in water. Is
> this a good idea? They didn't like being in a very humid
> environment, but seemed to like to have their feet wet, so this
> is the best I've found, but I'm still not pleased.

You have it just about perfect. They also want the water to be
very cool or cold. In the wild, they have constant 40-50~F.
soil temps. My plants do not even grow if the average temperature
is above 75~F. Now that the highs are in mid 70's and lows are
mid 40's, the plants are showing the most growth I've seen all
year. Above 85~F., they can die very easily.

Dave Evans