Re: Pinguicula "Weser"

Pekka Ala-Siuru (pal@ele.vtt.fi)
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 09:46:21 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996 SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de wrote:

> Dear Pekka and all who *still* did not get what they wanted from the
> web,
>
> Fortunately, we all have access to the famous online cp database
> (once again...): http://www.hpl.hp.com/bot/cp_home
>
> > I recently have buyed one Pinguicula named commercially
> > "Weser". No other name was given for it. What is the actual
> > name for it?
> >
> > I think this has been discussed earlier but can't recall
> > it now.
>
> (once again...): ***SELECT THE "SHOW *ALL*..." OPTION*** and look for
> "weser". Then you will get something like:
>
> "
> Query Results

> ------
>
> N: [Pinguicula * ' Weser ' {Hort.Slack}]
> P: Insect-Eat.Pl. & How To Grow Them:113 (1986)
> S: =[[Pinguicula moranensis {H.B.K.}] * [Pinguicula ehlersiae
> {Speta & Fuchs}]]
> B: WEINER
> "
>
> This would have (I think) answered most of your questions, wouldn't
> it?

YES, Jan, You are RIGHT, BUT when I had this question in my mind
and wanted quick answer I couldn't reach the web pages.

Barrys FAQbase and this database are one of the BEST sources for
CP information, BUT they are not always reachable. That's the point.

Thank you for your patience..
Best regards,
..Pekka

Pekka Ala-Siuru
Senior Analyst, Embedded Knowledge-Based Systems
VTT Electronics, P.O.Box 1100, FIN-90571, Oulu,Finland
Tel. +358 81 551 2461, Telefax +358 81 551 2320
http://www.ele.vtt.fi/