Re: VFT's

John and Cecilia (jandce@iglobal.net)
Sat, 16 Nov 1996 11:22:15 -0600

I am located in Denton. Maybe we could get together and compare notes some
time.

Fifteen years old. Wow. What ever you have been doing for the last fifteen
years, you should keep doing it. I to have put my VFTs in the fridge since
I have been in this area. The first year I did it, the following spring
they came out great. Large, fast growth, and even flowers. This last year
they didn't flower, but thier size was just as good. I think it was a
difference in the way I stored them.

What kind of greehouse do you have? How cold does it get in the winter?
Some one once posted what a typical minimum temp should be but I forgot
what it was. Maybe they could post it again. Temperature is not the only
factor though. The reduction in light and water is also a consideration.The
light reduces naturally, the water is up to you.
Before you placed you plants in the frige, did you notice a large reduction
in the size of the stems? And were they laying close to the ground? If they
were doing this, they were going into dormancy already. I put mine in the
fridge to guard agains freezing. But you may not have to do that with your
green house.

It may be due to other reasons that your plants didn't grow very well, such
as soil light and water. Tell us more about you conditions and I am sure
someone on the list will be able to help further.

John Boehme
http://www.iglobal.net/pub/JohnAndCe
http://www.iglobal.net/pub/JohnAndCe/webmap.htm
http://www.iglobal.net/pub/JohnAndCe/ftpcontrol.htm