Re: Re: CP CD Rom

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Wed, 20 Nov 96 23:30 EST

> From: Rick Walker <walker@CUTTER.HPL.HP.COM>
>
> Well, we only have about 180 Meg of stuff for the CP WEB page. This
> is only about 25% of the CDROM capacity. I expect that the entire output
> of CPN, reduced to jpeg images and ascii text would be less than 100 Meg.

Well, if it's only that much, I can't see making a seperate
disk. However, I think it might still be a good idea to
keep the CNP material on it's own "track" of the CD rom apart
from our (your efforts, if I don't have the time to get some
photos made for it.). What do you think? Perhaps there could
be links to the CNP photos from Jan's list though...

> (We already have the CP listserv discussion on the CP WEB page from
> 1990-1995. When printed out, this is over 5000 pages - a 20 inch stack
> of paper! Compared to this, the old CPNs take up very little space)

Yes, but there is probably more info in the CPN's per byte
than what we have in the archives. Half of that is probably
just quoted material or the Flame War of 94-95. Not saying
this isn't a great pool of info though. I read the 90-94
archives when I first joined and it sure helped me with cult-
ivation and getting to know people's online personalities.

Dave Evans