Re: CPN on CD rom

Carl Mazur (cherryhillcp@freenet.hamilton.on.ca)
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 23:29:25 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 24 Nov 1996, Michael Homick wrote:

> I believe the CPN would work very effectively on CD rom. I have some
> ideas for its implementation but I am still formulating them. I am going
> to try them out over the next week and have selected Vol 18 Number 2
> June 1989 as a test issue. I picked this issue for no other reason than
> I personally think the cover photo is one of the best published. When I
> get the issue running so to speak I will let you know of its
> availability so perhaps some discussion will entail. Mostly this is just
> a note to let those know who may be implementing the process, that some
> work will be done on this issue.
> --
> All the best.... Michael Homick
> Tillsonburg Ont. CANADA
> http://www.oxford.net/~lilium/

Michael,
please let me know how goes. I and two others, are undertaking the task
of OCRing, and Scanning the photos so we can indeed put the first 25
volumes on CDROM. (25 th anniversary?) If you wish to help out with this
endevour, please email me. The more the merrier! I will taking additions
to this group for the next day or two. I will then close it off and divy
up the workload. Again, if any else is interested please let me know by
Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Carl J. Mazur
Cherryhill Carnivorous Plants
Grimsby, Ontario Canada