Re: phylogeny of carnivorous plants

SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 07:49:00

Dear Michael,

> In september 1992 , an article from Chase et AL. about carnivorous plants
> phillogeny was published in Science.

You should also check out:
Cameron, KM, Chase, MW & Swensen, SM (1995) Amer. J. Bot. 82(6):117-
118 (Abstract).

The most important reference confirming Albert's and my own previous
theories that Dioncophyllaceae and Ancistrocladaceae belong to the
same group together with Droseraceae and Nepenthaceae. This adds also
Tamaricaceae, Frankeniaceae, and Simmondsiaceae (the latter being
somewhat dubious IMHO) to the clade and separates _Drosophyllum_ from
Droseraceae on a genetical basis (it was in fact separated from that
family already on morphological grounds).

> Is someone here on the mailing list who makes studies about carnivorous
> plants phillogeny.

Yes. Here (phylogeny).

> Or perhaps someone could give me e-mail addresses from
> scientist who make this kind of research.

You should also talk with Fernando (likewise on this list).

Kind regards
Jan