Re: Propagation

Peter Cole (carnivor@flytrap.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 06 Dec 1996 14:44:33 GMT

alanreeves@juno.com (Alan D Reeves) writes:
> Can anyone tell me a good way to propagate Carnivorous plants??? I've

Many good ways for many plants - no one method works for all.
Which CPs do you want to propagate?

> tried to learn how to do tissue cultures but I haven't found any
> information on the subject. Any help on the materials, special skills,
> and where to get any of the materials would be most helpful.

I have a few pages on home tissue culture on my website (URL in
.sig,) and links to other useful TC-related internet resources
(don't miss Rick Walker's excellent 'TC slideshow', and subscribe
to the Plant-TC mailing list for the chance to 'ask an expert'.)
If you need any help or advice, give me a shout - I'm getting
pleasing results with a pressure cooker, a perspex box and LOTS
of bleach (now, if I could only get Cephalotus to root IV, my
happiness would know no bounds...)

Happy cloning,

Peter

snail:Peter Cole,17 Wimmerfield Cres. :: mailto:carnivor@flytrap.demon.co.uk
Killay, SWANSEA SA27BU,WALES,UK :: http://www.angel.co.uk/flytrap/
vox:+44 1792 205214 :: Carnivorous plants and seeds for sale