Re: Re: fertillizing CP (was distilled water)

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Wed, 18 Dec 96 16:20 EST

> From: korfhage@LIS.PITT.EDU(robert korfhage)
>
> For a foliar spray for CPs, is the type of foliar fertilizer used for
> epiphytes appropriate? Or is that the wrong strength or composition?

Hi Rob,

I haven't used such fertilizer but I can't see why it would
harm the plants... The fertilizer is mostly for houseplants so
as it runs out I'll just pick up whatever the store has and use
that on the CP as needed. I don't grow epiphytes that are not
CP so I haven't tried that yet, but I got the impression that it
very over priced and you'll need to dilute it further anyway.
Use 1/4 strength for whatever amounts a normal houseplant would
need, just a general rule of thumb for MOST CP that like fertilizer...

Dave EVans