Re: Re: fertillizing CP (was distilled water)

John Walker (jorwa@syspac.com)
Wed, 18 Dec 1996 15:06:21 -0800

At 02:07 PM 12/18/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Thanks to Dave Evans for an answer on the epiphyte fertilizer. The stuff I
>have doesn't seem overpriced to me, and if I use it at 1/4 strength (the
>normal strength is 1/2 tsp. per gallon), it should last forever!
>
>Bob Korfhage
**********************************
Hi Bob,

I'm not sure what brand of epiphyte fertilizer your using, but I have used
Epiphyte's Delight in the past for Tillandsias (sp?). I think the
instructions were to use the Epiphyte's Delight or any normal plant
fertilizer at 1/4 strength, meaning that the Epiphyte's Delight was already
diluted in it's powedered form. If you use a fertilizer specially made for
epiphyte type plants it may be "ready made" for CP's that tolerate
fertilizing. While you should certainly start with a diluted solution, you
may be able to experiment a little and find that the CP's like the epiphyte
fertilizer full strength. Just a thought :-)

Regards,
John in Phoenix