??D.diels. * sp. Trans.??

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Fri Jan 03 1997 - 13:42:00 PST

Date:    Fri, 03 Jan 97 16:42 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: ??D.diels. * sp. Trans.??

Hi List,

   I received some seed of the ICPS Seed Bank labled D.dielsiana
* D. sp. Transval. What has come up though *appears* to be a
mixed batch of D.capensis and D.spathulata. Considering the
D.dielsiana is the mother plant, I was expecting to see some
of them as this species is self-pollinating. Could it be
that the cross is really D.capensis or D.ramentacia (sp?) *
D.dielsiana, which gave rise to a cross which looks like D.spathulata,
at least in it's juvenille stage?

Dave Evans