Re: Can anyone translate the BIBLIOPHILE KOSTBARKEITEN mail?

From: Tobias Isenberg (isenberg@eva.cs.Uni-Magdeburg.DE)
Date: Sat Jan 04 1997 - 05:27:44 PST

Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 14:27:44 +0100 (MET)
From: isenberg@eva.cs.Uni-Magdeburg.DE (Tobias Isenberg)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Can anyone translate the BIBLIOPHILE KOSTBARKEITEN mail?

Perry Malouf wrote:

> Juerg Steiger was kind enough to translate:
>
> > 'BIBLIOPHILE KOSTBARKEITEN' means something like 'precious literature
> > for connaisseurs'.
>
> Thanks for that. I wonder if someone could summarize what the
> entire message was about?

It was just an advertisement for a new book about south east Asia with
some features like limited to 1500 books; bound by hand with linnen (or
linen ?) and leather by someone who also bound the Gutenberg Bible; with a
preface by Mr. Somlabh Kitiyakara, descendent of king Chulalongkorn of
Thailand; recommended by the literature council of the German minister of
science, research and art; including 72 color pictures.

Contents: * expedition to the sone age people of West Irian
          * report about the opium trade in Lao
          * insight into the asian life style:
            Thailand India Bali Himalaya Pakistan Nepal Ceylon Indonesia

So it was competely off topic. But I hope that helps.

        Regards,

                Tobias from Germany

--
            Tobias Isenberg              There are only two real truthes:
  isenberg@sunpool.cs.uni-magdeburg.de   1. Computer are useful for humans.