Pink Peltatas

From: Nigel Hurneyman (NHurneyman@softwar1.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jan 08 1997 - 05:47:03 PST

Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 13:47:03 -0000
From: Nigel Hurneyman <NHurneyman@softwar1.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Pink Peltatas

I get the impression from some of the contributors that pink is the
normal flower colour for D peltata. This wasn't my understanding;
I thought white was the norm. A tuberous Drosera fanatical friend
of mine swears that as a quick spot, if it doesn't have white flowers
it isn't ssp peltata, although some subscribers would not be happy
at the number of names he recognises. Lowrie's Vol I records
peltata as having white flowers - I suspect the pinkishness of the
photo is a quality problem and Lowrie decided to include it anyway
because it is a good piccy of the flower structure, despite the wonky
colours.

BTW, does anyone know where I might obtain material of the
Himalayan form, D peltata var lunata?

Good Growing, NigelH