Re: nepenthes naming

From: Doug and Meryl Fraser (D.Fraser@bom.gov.au)
Date: Thu Jan 09 1997 - 13:41:47 PST

Date:          Thu, 9 Jan 1997 21:41:47 +0000
From: "Doug and Meryl Fraser" <D.Fraser@bom.gov.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Re: nepenthes naming

Hi everyone,
I would just like to thank Alastair, Jan and Dave for their replies
to my nepenthes queries. With reference to the N. rafflesiana cross
previously mentioned the resulting seedlings will still prefer
lowland nepenthes conditions. I have about fifty N. veitchii
seedlings which are the result of a cross between a lowland female
veitchii and a highland veitchii male. It would certainly be
beneficial for other people who are trying to grow these seedlings
to be aware that there could be variations, as to cold sensitivity,
among the resulting offspring. I think that there is certainly a need
for such interspecies crosses to be identified and labelled, or
named, so that any grower will have a chance of success with it.
Meryl