D. meristocaulis

From: Gary (garko@sfsu.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 16 1997 - 22:03:35 PST

Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 22:03:35 -0800 (PST)
From: Gary <garko@sfsu.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D. meristocaulis

Hi everyone--

In CP Digest 962, Fernando Rivadavia mentioned in passing "the strange
D.meristocaulis" endemic to Mt. Neblina. I'm not familiar with this
species, and because I lack graphics capability with my Internet server,
can someone please describe this specie's "strange"-ness? You have to
understand, whenever I read D.*anything* and "strange" in the same
sentence, my eyebrows raise and don't lower until my curiosity has been
pacified. Ummm, it wouldn't happen to have heart-shaped leaves, would it?

Gary