Re: Resistive measurements

From: Brett Lymn (blymn@awadi.com.au)
Date: Fri Jan 17 1997 - 04:49:59 PST

Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 23:19:59 +1030 (CST)
From: blymn@awadi.com.au (Brett Lymn)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Resistive measurements

According to Heggood@aol.com:

>Iwould be tempted to tear open 2 drycell flashlight batteries, extract
>the carbon rods and try them as electrodes. I doubt if the carbon
>would promote electrolysis, but I wouldn't guarantee it.

Nope - you would be wasting your time. Electrolysis done by the
current passing through the water pulling apart the chemical bonds.
Oh, and if you were to open up any batteries make sure they are not
alkaline cells - the anode and cathode materials are reversed which
means no carbon rod :-)

--
  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.