Re: Lowrie's 1996/1997 catalog

From: Brett Lymn (blymn@awadi.com.au)
Date: Mon Jan 20 1997 - 22:23:58 PST

Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 16:53:58 +1030 (CST)
From: blymn@awadi.com.au (Brett Lymn)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Lowrie's 1996/1997 catalog

According to Glenn Rankin:

>Unless they are too small, his tubers sprout and grow OK for the first
>season, but some have problems getting into sync with the Northern
>Hemisphere seasons and die for various reasons.

One thing I have found with tuberous drosera is that they don't like
to be too wet nor too dry when they are dormant. I used to just let
my pots of tuberous drosera dry out over summer but it seemed a lot of
my plants never came up again. Now what I do is water the tuberous
drosera very occaisionally during summer (say, pour some water on it
once every couple of weeks), this seems to be enough to stop the tuber
being totally baked but not wet enough to rot the thing. Perhaps this
is your problem?

--
  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.