Sarracenia Nurseries R.I.P.

From: Gordon Wells (gwells@iri.upc.es)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 12:34:56 PST

Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 10:18:52 UTC+0100
From: Gordon Wells <gwells@iri.upc.es>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia Nurseries R.I.P.

On 20 Jan 97 11:31:21 EST, Chris Marsden wrote:

> I don't mean to be rude, but I think Sarracenia Nurseries has ..er.."ceased
> trading" ...well jacked it in. I think the owners have given up. Could someone
> correct me if I'm wrong please?

Yes, you're right. They told me on the phone that they had decided to give up the
business after 20 years, and for a very odd (and difficult to believe) reason:
the British postal system was losing over 50% of their shipments. I always thought
the British postal system was famed for its efficiency - hmmm... Anyway, they closed
up shop so quickly that they even decided not to send half of my PREPAID order! After
over 10 long-distance phone calls and several faxes requesting they send the remaining
stuff, I finally gave up too.

Best regards,

Gordon Wells
Instituto de Robotica e Informatica Industrial
Edificio Nexus, planta 2
Gran Capitan 2-4
Barcelona 08034
SPAIN