D.falconeri, Byblis

From: HaKAN MUREVaeRN (Hakan_Murevarn@ivab.se)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 12:34:56 PST

Date:          Wed, 22 Jan 1997 17:21:02 MET+1MDT
From: "HaKAN MUREVaeRN" <Hakan_Murevarn@ivab.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       D.falconeri, Byblis

I am a lucky owner of a _D.falconeri_ but I have no cultivation information
on this plant. I have it in 12 hours artificial light in moist condition and
it seems to survive but it do not grow at all (restperiod?). Appreciate any
information on this one!

THIS IS GREAT. Many thanks to the gentleman on this list who gave me the
right stuff (GA3) to germinate _Byblis gigantea_. I know have many tiny
seedlings of it (about 20 of 40 seed have germinated within two weeks). I'm
also greatful to Brian Cochran for the great description of how to grow it
from seed but I do not follow his method exactly. I have not used any
fungicide but no sign of "damping off".

I tried to cross pollinate _D.prolifera_ with _D.adelae_ but no success.
They just seem to flower for fun these two. I will try again. Do not give up
hope for a Drosera with heart shaped leaves.

Hakan Murevaern
Sweden
(Having a growing problem on my windowsills because I am running out of space)