Re: D. capensis flower stalk cuttings

From: L235@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 24 1997 - 07:23:18 PST

Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 10:23:18 -0500 (EST)
From: L235@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: D. capensis flower stalk cuttings

Just what we need, ANOTHER way to propagate D. capensis...

As I was pruning back D. capensis flower scapes over the summer past,
as a lark I cut them up into inch-long pieces and pushed them into the
soil horizontally.... I've just noticed (in the middle of our winter) that
several of
them have sent up plantlets.

Is this noteworthy? (I've heard of this being attempted with VFT flower
scapes, but have never heard of it for Drosera) Has anyone else attempted
this, seen results? Anyone want the resulting offspring? (just kidding)

Jay Lechtman (L235@aol.com)