Re: Fungicides,

From: Oliver T Massey CFS (massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 27 1997 - 06:43:36 PST

Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 09:43:36 -0500 (EST)
From: Oliver T Massey CFS <massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Fungicides,

> Hi Jeff,
>
> > I have a slight fungal problem and was wondering if anyone could suggest
> > a fungicide and concentration to use. I work in a Plant Pathology lab
> > and have access to more fungicides than I know what to do with but don't
> > want to experiment on my plants when others have been successful
> > already. Anything would be appretiated. Here's a short list of what I
> > have available:
> >
> > Benomyl
>
> > Jeff Stein

> The one on your list used most frequently by CPers
> is Benomyl. It may be that the others would work just as well,
> but may not be available to the general public. Benomyl
> can be used at regular strength as it doesn't appear to have
> any adverse effects. You should already know that all of
> these are fairly toxic to the human body, so just use
> proper precautions when applying to your plants or storing.

And in the continuing Benomyl saga, there was an article just this weekend
about families here in Florida seeking damages for Benomyl poisoning associated
with a nearby nursery. In a related article authorities are now trying to
determine if, besides being contaminated with an unapproved herbicide, Benomyl
was also radioactive. - As if the X-files ain't enough!

Tom in Fl
 myl