RE: Terrarium sized CP's

From: KenC@casadyg.com
Date: Wed Jan 29 1997 - 12:51:10 PST

Date: Wed, 29 Jan 97 12:51:10 PST
From: KenC@casadyg.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Terrarium sized CP's

Brian,

You wrote:
<I would like any suggestions as to which Sarracenia, Nepenthes, and
Heliamphora species would be good choices for terrariums that have 10"
growing space above the spagnum level. >

I can only speak for the Sarracenia ... Any of them, grown from seed, will be
fine for a few years. It will take that long to grow mature specimens from seed.
However, for long-term planning S. purpurea and S. psittacina would be good
prospects for you. They have more recumbent ptchers than the others. Although
they will tend to spread out more, they wll normally stay within your height
limitations.

Hope this helps!

Ken Cusson, Secretary/Treasurer
ICPS