Is chlorophyl light sensitive?

From: John Welsh (jrwelsh@nutecnet.com.br)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 12:34:56 PST

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2097 20:18:21 -0200
From: "John Welsh" <jrwelsh@nutecnet.com.br>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Is chlorophyl light sensitive?

Hi CPer's

Can anyone tell me whether chlorophyl is light sensitive? i.e. If I were
to extract chlorophyl from plant material, or, alternatively, to freeze
dry plant material in order to remove the water but leave the chlorophyl
behind, would I need to store the resultant products in the dark? In other
words, could I display freeze dried plant material in an hermetically
sealed but lighted environment and expect it to stay green??? Does anyone
know of an alternative to freeze drying for removing water only from plant
material?

Happy Growing

John Welsh
jrwelsh @ nutecnet .com .br